Sunday, October 28, 2012

Red Rose Event :)

Hey guys !




I got to take part with a brilliant event spreading "Peace" at Marina Walk Dubai yesterday called "  Rose Event Dubai " ... conveniently spelling " RED"

Now that I look back, I wish could have been more involved with the prep-work that went into it ! But in any case, a brief idea about the event, it's centered around promoting peace through sayings and quotes placed on Roses and given out to people of course for free :)

The event was scheduled to run from 7pm to 9pm and me being the genius I considered myself with direction  I ended up on JBR "The Walk" at 7pm where I spent 45 minutes trying to find parking and then walking half the walk to realize that one of the landmarks given out to all the volunteers for gathering " Marriot " hotel was no where to be found. Only after speaking to several people did dawn on me there's actually another " The Walk " but this one's called Marina Walk !

So I spent another hour and reached Marina Walk by 8: 30 and spent another good 20 minutes looking for parking spot, finally meeting with all the volunteers at 9pm.

In any case, I've got amazing friends that still greeted me as if I'd been there from the start * Ahmad, Fahmi, Nabtititttt, Ya'all are awesome *

Was nice to hear feedback from the volunteers and people that had received roses on the experience plus with it being the second day of Eid, it just added more and more to the festive flare

Got to share a good hearty dinner, and I still did my part, had 7 roses they left for me, and I made sure I gave them out towards the end :)

< --- (Roses being given out to everyone, Tourists  Employees of restaurants and more )


 <--(Badges for Volunteers )

<-- (A few of the awesome volunteers & Empty Baskets after fun few hours of distributing)

<-- (The Next Morning , a few key volunteers got invited over to MBC in media city for a chat about the event)



 More info about the Rose Event  & Images ( It's a global phenomenon) : https://www.facebook.com/I.CARE.M.EAST

Peace Out :)





No comments:

Post a Comment